Senior IP & Fiber Infrastructure Engineer
Position: Senior IP & Fiber Infrastructure Engineer
As a Senior network & fiber infrastructure engineer, you will design, deploy, and maintain network infrastructure and fiber optic systems that facilitate seamless data communication. Working with a team of engineers and customer services, your role will also involve collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure high-performance network connectivity and reliable fiber optic communication.
- Network Design and Implementation of fiber optic communication systems.
- Installation, configuration and performance optimization of internet backbones
- Optical link budget analysis.
- Develop and execute testing procedures to validate the performance of fiber optic systems under different conditions.
- Use specialized testing equipment, such as optical time-domain reflectometers (OTDRs) and optical spectrum analyzers, to measure and analyze signal quality.
- Create detailed technical documentation, including system diagrams, specifications, test reports, and installation guidelines.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot network and fiber optic performance to identify bottlenecks, latency issues, and areas for optimization.
- Responsible for the Network Operations Center (NOC).
Hard skills and experience:
- 10 years of experience in FTTx network design and deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / electrical engineering/ telecommunications or a related field.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, protocols, security practices and testing equipment like OTDRs.
- Competence in networks and fiber design methodologies, processes, and metrics
- Proficiency in configuring and managing network equipment, including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- In-depth understanding of fiber optic principles, components, and transmission systems.
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g., CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, CFOT) are a plus.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Senior IP & Fiber Infrastructure Engineer ‘in the subject line by 15 October 2023