Quantity Surveying Technician
Position: Quantity Surveying Technician
- Review construction plans and bills of quantities to estimate resources required inter alia; materials, plant, machinery, time and labour.
- Perform procurement of identified/required/requested items per company procedures.
- Prepare reports of the utilization of resources on-site on a regular basis
- Advise managers and colleagues on cost-related improvements and strategies for better utilisation of resources.
- Ensure effective change control and variation management.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare, analyse and negotiate for value in contracts with subcontractors and vendors of supplies and inputs.
- Develop and maintain a database of vendors and cost of supplies and inputs.
- Collate the cost of inputs and develop rates for works described to standard methods of measurements.
- Accurate valuation and appraisal of works done on site.
Hard skills and experience:
- Diploma holder in Quantity Surveying or Construction Management from a reputable tertiary institution.
- Recognition as a technician or similar grade with the Institute of Quantity Surveyors Kenya, the Architectural Association of Kenya, the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors or other reputable professional body.
- Minimum experience of 6 years with site-based supervision of infrastructure projects with a construction company.
- Previous experience in the procurement of items for a construction project.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Quantity Surveying Technician’ in the subject line by 1 August 2023