POWER INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
Position: Power Infrastructure Engineer
Under the general direction of the Head of Construction & Development, this position is responsible for designing, building, deploying and evaluating power infrastructure.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design electrical infrastructure systems, including power substations, transmission and distribution lines, and renewable energy plants.
- Supervise installation of low, medium, and high voltage networks and equipment.
- Prepare technical specifications and designs for power systems.
- Design schematic and wiring diagrams for SCADA operation, control, and status monitoring to interconnect with new and existing equipment.
- Provide technical assessment of tender submissions, and prepare and review control and protection design drawings and specifications.
- Operating and maintaining industrial high voltage systems
- Lead the investigation of faults and initiating and implementing network improvement initiatives as required.
- Involved in the preparation of power infrastructure budgets and other CAPEX expansion projects;
- Supervise expenditures and the preparation of bid requests as needed.
- Ensure the department expenditures are within the limitation of project budgets for CAPEX expansion and the annual budget for O&M activities;
- Update on the status and result of departmental operations and CAPEX improvement projects; represent the utility technical and operations department at meetings with other departmental units and support front office functions when needed to deal with complaints and other issues with end users and owners associations.
- Conform with and abide by all written and non-written regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions; ensure the conformance and conform to all safety rules by enforcing the use of all appropriate safety equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned (i.e., assist project development teams and other departments as needed; participate in required training as applicable; etc.)
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of hands-on experience in designs, construction, testing and commissioning of power systems such as substations and power lines.
- Proven experience in operation and maintenance of medium and high voltage systems.
- Experience in protection relay coordination, programming, and power system studies.
- Experience in the preparation of tender documents and tender evaluations.
- Authorized to operate medium and high-voltage equipment.
- Requires 24-hour response availability seven days per week.
- Registered as a professional/graduate Engineer with EBK.
How to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to by 15th March, 2023 clearly indicating ‘Power Engineer-Infrastructure’ on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.