Position: Mechanical Engineer
- Management of design activities and coordination of workloads for construction projects.
- Plan, coordinate, manage and monitor the review of design deliverables produced by the client’s design consultant, including reports, providing feedback to the Design Project Manager regarding progress, key issues and risk.
- Coordinate and manage the design review of the design consultant’s hazard and risk logs.
- Coordinate the response to comments raised on deliverables by the likes of subject matter experts, the design review team, the Independent Checking Engineer, and Independent Safety Assessors.
- Ensure the buildability of the proposed design and suitability of materials.
- Coordinate engineering efforts in assigned areas between specialty and other engineering groups or disciplines, with the client, suppliers, and contractors.
- Coordinate and visit the jobsite as required, to resolve problems, interpret drawings and documents and provide technical support during the construction phase.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, consultants, and attend project meetings from time to time.
- Coordinate with Contracts Department and Construction teams for supporting the pre-construction procurement process and the checking and assembly of the design documentation for issue as design-build or design-bid-build tender packages as required.
- Review contractor’s construction drawings, respond to technical queries and technical submittals to ensure compliance with design intent.
Hard skills and experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree from an accredited university with 10+ years of relevant experience in design & Construction management.
- Experience in managing the design/installation/construction/maintenance of residential, industrial and infrastructure assets.
- Experience in field construction and inspection for initial acceptance.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards pertinent to the discipline.
- Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems and design calculations.
- Knowledge of current computer applications for engineering and design including appropriate knowledge of CAD (both 2-D and 3-D) e.g AutoCAD, MS Word and Excel for managing design reviews.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Mechanical Engineer ‘in the subject line by 13th October 2023