Position: Landscaping Supervisor
The landscaping supervisor will ensure that the grounds are aesthetically maintained with high standards, manage a team of ground attendants and ensure they complete jobs satisfactorily. The supervisor will also be responsible for design aspects, creating a plan and scheduling all the tasks that must be completed.
- Plan, execute and maintain landscaping and irrigation in priority areas.
- Consistently maintain and enhance an area’s physical appearance attractiveness and provide environmental benefits by designing and implementing landscaping of the precincts and public spaces within the city.
- Restoration of common green spaces disturbed by construction.
- Training and managing the landscaping team.
- Compile a budget for the landscaping and landscaping maintenance requirements, including tools and equipment to be purchased and rented.
- Inspect landscaping work to ensure it adheres to original plans, the agreed time plan, and costs.
- Plan and deliver effective management of plant and tree nurseries.
- Preparing reports on the landscaping progress and maintenance.
Hard skills and experience:
- A minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a similar role with a special focus on landscaping on a large scale.
- Good knowledge of shrubs, plants, trees, perennials and landscape material; working knowledge of types of types of equipment required for the role
- Knowledge of plant and tree diseases and insect infestations and how to eliminate them
- Knowledge of various plant and flower types and the climatic conditions that favour them
- Demonstrate ability to perform duties responsibly under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well following instructions from Management and communicating with team members.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘Landscaping Supervisor ‘in the subject line by 13th October 2023