Position: Land Surveyor
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting engineering, topographical and physical surveys of sites for preparation of site plans and topographical maps for DCC and development purposes.
- Coordinating the development and review of policies, plans and strategies on surveying, GIS and mapping.
- Interface with civil engineers, landscape architects, cartographers, urban planners etc.
- Providing guidance on standardization, procurement, certification and usage of survey equipment.
- Research previous survey evidence, including maps, deeds, physical evidence, and other records, to obtain data needed for surveys and decision-making.
- Supervising and undertaking quality control of outsourced survey services and monitoring and evaluating the survey and mapping activities.
- Preparing departmental survey budgets, monitoring and evaluating budget control measures.
- Advising the DCC, Construction and Development, Legal and Sales teams about technical matters related to the viability of construction plans.
- Preparing and sharing relevant periodic reports with the line manager and senior management team whenever needed.
- Any other relevant responsibility as may be assigned by the line manager
Hard skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Surveying and or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience
- Valid Practicing License from Lands Surveyor’s Board (LSB) of Kenya
- Full membership with the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya (ISK) (Land Surveyors Chapter)
How to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to by 30th April, 2023 clearly indicating ‘Land Surveyor Position’ on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.