DCC Inspector of Works
Position: DCC Inspector of Works
- Quality Assurance:
- Conduct regular inspections of construction activities to ensure compliance with approved plans, specifications, and industry standards.
- Monitor and evaluate the workmanship, materials, and installations at various stages of the project.
- Identify and report any deviations from approved plans and specifications.
- Collaborate with contractors, subcontractors, and project stakeholders to address and resolve quality-related issues.
- Safety Compliance:
- Implement and enforce safety protocols to ensure a secure working environment for all construction personnel.
- Conduct regular safety inspections, identifying potential hazards and ensuring corrective actions are taken promptly.
- Collaborate with the safety team to promote a strong safety culture and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Documentation and Reporting:
- Maintain detailed records of inspections, observations, and test results.
- Prepare comprehensive reports on the progress of construction activities and quality assurance measures.
- Provide regular updates to the Lead Clerk of Works and Head of Department on project milestones, issues, and resolutions.
- Work closely with the Lead Clerk of Works to coordinate inspections and address any concerns promptly.
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure smooth project progression.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and suggest enhancements to quality control procedures.
Hard skills and experience:
- Diploma or undergraduate degree civil engineering, architecture, building and technology, construction or related fields.
- The person eligible for this role should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of site inspector work of mixed-use real estate developments.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor a number of projects / applications simultaneously from inception to completion.
- Particular attention will be made on experience in problem solving skills and reporting ability.
- Experience in substation testing, annual maintenance, and primary and secondary injections.
- Enhanced skills in locating/troubleshooting and quickly repairing defects in electrical systems.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and indicate ‘DCC Inspector of Works’ in the subject line by 29 February 2024