Community Liaison Officer
Position: Community Liaison Officer
The Community Liaison Officer is responsible for relations with local communities around Tatu City and Kofinaf land. The Liaison Officer manages outreach to the community members to discover their issues and concerns and identify solutions that help to secure the long-term economic sustainability of the communities, using the Tatu City Training Academy and Labour Desk. The Liaison Officer reports on all community interactions, trends and concerns.
Key functions include:
- Recordkeeping of data collected from members of all relevant communities;
- Recordkeeping of all employed and unemployed individuals registered with the Labour Desk;
- Regular needs analyses with contactors as to what skills they require and link with the training program;
- Track where graduates are placed in regard to jobs;
- Ensure that contractors are employing from the local community as per their contracts;
- Manage casual labourer requirements;
- Manage Tatu City Training Academy and all associated curricula;
- Manage community expectations;
- Plan and assist in community-related events; and undertake any other official duty as and when requested
- Co-ordinate day-day activities of the Training Academy and Labour Desk;
- Ensuring all job seekers/applicants’ details are captured in the database;
- Handle all Incidence reports and queries from the community;
- Coordinate and supervise casual labourers hired for any activity in Tatu City and Kofinaf land; and Co-ordinate the ARC Skills trainers to ensure training progress without any Hitch.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in community relations.
- Proven work experience as a Liaison or similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible, amicable, and community-oriented approach
- Adherence to designated procedural guidelines
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Liaison
How to apply
If qualified and interested, please send your CV and cover letter to by 30th March, 2023 clearly indicating ‘Community Liaison Officer’ on the subject. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.