Position: CAD Technician
In this position, you will work with the Development Team to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD and or other related design software and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle. Work will include updating changes to various masterplans, and site plans, preparing parcel plans and layouts as well as drawing up planning concepts and schemes as instructed by the development team.
- Drafting and preparing layouts, profiles, sections and any other required drawings for Roads, stormwater management systems, Water Supply systems, and sanitary sewers during the design development phase.
- Create drawings based on Engineer’s guidance and sketches.
- Revising project drawings marked up by the client and/or Engineer.
- Create and manage electronic document file structure for drawings and naming
- conventions as per company standards.
- Work closely with Engineers and Project Managers to set up and manage construction drawings documentation and update revisions.
- Creating and/or modifying base drawings, which may be used in various presentation documents.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Follow CAD and drawings standards and submit excellent drawings as required.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines.
Hard skills and experience:
- Diploma/Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field preferred and with a minimum of 5 years of drafting experience.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well under tight deadlines.
- Desire and willingness to work in a team-based environment that involves coordination with multiple design disciplines and departments.
- Familiar with, or ability and desire to learn presentation softwares; InfraWorks and Navisworks
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications.
How to apply
Please submit your updated resume to and clearly indicate ‘CAD Technician’ on the subject line by 15 August 2023.