Tatu Industrial Park
Tatu Industrial Park comprises of 457 acres of serviced land suitable for non-polluting light industrial, assembly and warehouse and logistic uses.
A number of local and international companies already call Tatu Industrial Park their home:
- Unilever, one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world
- Dormans, East Africa’s largest coffee producer and processor
- Kim-Fay, producer of legendary brands such as Kleenex and Huggies in East Africa
- Maxam, distributor of Heineken in Kenya
- Hunkar Gas Trading Co Ltd, leading LPG Marketing Company
- Friendship Container Manufacturers Limited, metal and plastic packaging plant
- Chandaria Industries Limited, East and Central Africa’s leading tissue and hygiene products manufacturer
- Africa Logistics Properties, International standard logistics and distribution complex
Permanent road, water, power and sewerage connection is expected to be completed by December 2017. All the necessary approvals (SEA and EIA from NEMA) and physical planning approvals are in place.
Tatu Industrial Park is located in one of the best locations for industrial manufacturing in Kenya: 24km from Nairobi’s central business district at exit 11 on Thika Superhighway and 3km from both the Northern and Eastern by-passes. This provides good transport accessibility which is key to success in Nairobi’s rapidly expanding urban environment.
About 300 acres of the 457 acres is already sold out. The last phase of Tatu Industrial Park is open for sales, with 2-acre and 5-acre plots on offer, starting from Kshs. 37.5M per acre. The price has increased by 33% in the last 12 months. The available lease term is 99 years, renewable from 1st November 2008. There are opportunities to lease land and buildings to suit occupier requirements on appropriate commercial terms.
Tatu City’s Special Economic Zone status provides reduced corporate taxes, customs and excise duty exemptions, VAT benefits, profit and capital repatriation at reduced rates, as well as enhanced intellectual property rights, among other benefits.